Sunday 21 June 2015

What's Your Miracle Today?
May & June 2015




My new companion is Sister Papaliitele.  She's a Samoan Australian.  She was my Sister Training Leader back in Malalos and my exchanges with her changed my mission.  So it's kinda surreal that we are companions.  We've spent the last 5 days talking about what we wanted to accomplish.  We wanted 40 lessons this week.  We were gonna end Sunday with 39 and she was like, "Sister Foote, I can't come this close and not get it done.  Let's finish this."  I said I couldn't either.  So we racked our brains, said some prayers and were able to teach a less active in our area that we haven't been able to teach in a long time. MIRACLE

Words can't even describe the miracles I've seen this week.  We were able to help a less active paint her house yellow.  I was happy as a clam. MIRACLE

Sister Papaliitele and I ask each other every night "What was your miracle?" and then we share what our miracle for the day was.  Some nights have more obvious answers then others, but every night has an answer.  I challenge you all to look for the miracles or tender mercies of the Lord in your daily lives.  I promise you that there is one.  Don't get me wrong, some days are really hard.  But there's always something to be happy about.  That's what's gotten me this far in my mission.



On a more fun note, people here love eating with their hands and think it's the greatest when foreigners do it.  It saves doing the dishes!  So we ate  at a members house last night and Sister Papaliitele and I ate with our hands.  It really is an art…there's a technique.  They were impressed that we both knew how.  I love it.  They love it.  We all win.

No comments:

Post a Comment